Welcome, my name is Sam and I am a skilled software developer and UX designer. I am passionate about computers and technology.
I love working to solve difficult problems. I have extensive experience in developing web and mobile applications both for consumers and for the enterprise.
I have a passion for making software that is not only well designed and maintainable for developers, but also fun and easy to use for users.
I get excited about great software and I want my users to get excited as well.
- Cocoa Touch
- iOS 5
- OpenGL ES
- Responsive Design
- Mac OS X
2012 - Present
- Developed a library of UI and data visualization components using React.js and d3.js.
- Worked to develop new coding standards and best practices for front end development.
2007 - 2012
- Worked with enterprise clients to design and implement solutions ranging from web publishing to
enterprise content management to ebusiness.
- Completed successful projects for clients including Johnstone Supply, Ernst and Young,
Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Mercantile Bank of Michigan, State of Colorado, Mission Essential Personnel and more.
- Worked independently and as a part of large project teams.
- Developed several proof of concept mobile apps for the iOS platform.
- Designed and implemented a native iPad app for remote time entry and approval.
- Helped to design and implement a complex business to business ecommerce web site with thousands of users.
- Implemented Adobe CQ5 based web publishing system and converted existing web sites.
- Performed a performance analysis of a global Documentum implementation and provided suggestions
- Designed and developed a universal viewer application which allowed archived regulatory submissions to be
stored and accessed at sites around the globe.
- Gathered requirements and developed a migration plan to migrate hundreds of thousands of archived regulatory submission documents
from the legacy system a new Documentum implementation.
- More project examples can be provided upon request.
Streets Ahead LLC
2010 - Present
Streets Ahead LLC is a small enterprise I founded with several colleagues in order to allow us to explore
technology and create products that were outside the scope of our day jobs. We specialize in Node.js and Mobile.
Since Streets Ahead was founded I have:
- Worked with small clients to implement web projects based on PHP and Wordpress.
- Designed and developed a custom Node.js MVC web framework. (lazyBum)
- Developed several other open source Node.js modules.
- Launched a newly designed web site using an early version of our custom framework. (StreetsAheadLLC.com)
- Developed several proof of concept mobile and web applications and are hard at work on others which we hope to launch this year. (Chatter)
- Launched a fun side project built with lazyBum. The design was featured on the CSS Mania web site.
Hartshorn Health Service, CSU
Web Application Development Intern
2004 - 2007
- Developed, designed, and maintained many different websites used by Colorado State University students and staff.
- Worked independently to gather requirements for web sites.
- Responsible for design and usability of created web sites/web applications.
- Preformed testing and debugging of web sites across browsers and platforms.
BS Computer Science
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science / Mathematics Minor
Colorado State University
2002 - 2006
Completed advanced courses in computer graphics, linear algebra, networking, databases, cryptography, and compiler construction.
Graduate Course, Software Engineering
Colorado State University
Completed an online graduate course in software engineering. Topics included software design patterns,
agile methodologies, UML modeling, and more.
When I am not playing with cool technology, I like watching movies or reading.
I have been known to bake a pretty mean batch of cookies, and I have always enjoyed most things Apple.
Welcome to my new resume. For your convenience I've broken it down into three parts: professional resume, athletic and
special skills resume and Dwight Schrute trivia.
This is version 0.9 of my new resume site, I have a few more features I need to add and the content needs some
work, but here it is in all its glory. Hope you enjoy, feel free to send me your constructive complements.